Friday, August 26, 2011

Experiencing the Culture Shock phenomenon


I have been very lucky having or experiencing the Culture Shock phenomenon; I have had a chance to travel, so every country I have visited had experienced this phenomenon. People are very different around the world; their personal cultural habits could shock us. The language, the food, and the way they live and how they act, impact our feelings. When I have to travel, I try to accept the food, and sometimes try many rare meals. I remember in Mexico, I tried “Escamoles”, they are escamule in English or “ant larva’s”, I didn´t like at first, but they are much tasted, that´s the way I deal with culture shock.

I really recommend to the people who are suffering of culture shock, that there is only a chance in the life, don´t waste it, thinking of mom, think about what you haven´t seen yet.

I tell my children, they have to study, work and travel, the rest comes alone.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I understand if you're saying that you had positive experiences or negative experiences in other countries. Or is it a mix? The main confusing part for me was the second paragraph-- could you work on that and see if you can make it a bit clearer?

    Thanks,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is very important to take advantage of the experience in other countries with foreign people. I have always had very good experiences in other countries. My family is conscious that when I am traveling, usually for work, I really enjoy the trip, although I have to work hard sometimes, after work, I enjoy a lot. I start to think about them, two or three week after being far away, not before. Time goes fast, that´s what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ronald,

    Just a comment--did you do the blog self-evaluation? I don't see it anywhere. If you don't do it, then I'll just have to come up with numbers on my own.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete